August 05, 2006

Letting out a big sigh of relief

Thank goodness that is over for another year. As much as I love my (now not so little anymore) boy, organising birthday parties at home for 8 of his friends who don't really appreciate the work that goes into it are just a waste of time and energy, really. But I feel I've done the wonderful mummy thing and have created a fun memory. I am so tired! But the big hug and kiss and heartfelt 'thank you mum, I love you' almost made it worth it. Next year I'm having a party elsewhere, you can keep me to that. Just remind me if I start uttering noises about another themed party. Okay? I mean, what was I thinking? Not only did I spend hours preparing party food and games but there was also the time invested in tidying up the house. Why did I bother? The place is an absolute bomb site and I know I should just get it over with and pick it all up today but I just don't have the energy anymore. So tomorrow morning the same mess is going to stare me in the face. Ugh!

Got a couple of projects to show you. First one is a clock I altered for Thomas' room. I did it for the ScrapGal newsletter. August is the month for star themed projects and challenges over there and this was my first contribution as a Design Team member.



Next one up is the layout I did for the New Zealand Dare Blog No 8 Wired and I combined it to also be the first challenge I set over at ScrapGal. Hey, the were due the same day and I was trying to get a party organised after all. They like their challenges over there, 3 each week with the occasional random one thrown in as well. I'd like to participate in more but there just aren't enough hours in the day. I really wanna learn to speed scrap!

Sorry, blogger seems to be playing up and I can't upload another picture. I'll try to edit this post tomorrow. You can view the layout on No 8 Wired too.

I was about to start working on my next class project for KiwiScraps: another altered clock but nothing like the one above. Class is on the 22nd... can you say late? In my defense I was under the impression that he was seriously considering not having any classes in August, with Crafting Connections and all. Boy was I wrong! But anyway, I pulled apart the clock but now I can't do much else as what I thought I had for the background isn't the right size . Sounds cryptic? That's because I don't want to give too much away.

I'm off to blog surf. Oh and a special wave to my extended family who are now also regularly checking my blog eventhough they don't understand any of the scrapbook talk.

6 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Ali said...

Was wondering how the party went. You weary wee thing ... just think, only a few days to get all your stuff organised for CC06 Lol!

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow love the clock Marieke. Also I loved the layout on NZ dare. lol I am pleased I am not the only one who uses her bag like a kicthen sink lol. I loved how you used the netting on that layout. Makes not to remind you of T party being held elsewhere next year lol. Aggh at classes....I thought they were not having any this month either....

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Delys said...

Clock is awesome Marieke! You wonderful Mummy you! I have parties for the kids every two years..gives me enough time to get the energy up for it! Lol. Welldone on the scrapgal DT! Didnt know you won it so congrats!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Me said...

Hey just thought I'd pop in and say hi!! Your work is awesome!! Loving seeing what you create!!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I am starting to get "bad mother guilt" when I hear about all these cool parties everyone else organises! Very cool layout too - but your handbag looks tidy compared to mine!! Hope to wave at you some time this week in Wellywood :-)

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Chris Millar said...

Cool clock Marieke! Love your dare layout too!!! Have fun at CC on the weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home