July 30, 2006

Day time scrapping

It is extremely rare for me to be able to scrap during the day, but today the stars and moon must have been aligned perfectly or whatever because everybody co-operated for me to indulge in a blissful 6 hour scrapping session. Admittedly interruped by daily life and such but I was in heaven. Certainly good for the soul these kind of days. And so I could participate in ScrapGals on-line crop, saying goodbye to the outgoing guest DT members in style. I had a ball doing the challenges, what do I say, in combining the challenges and produced two layouts. One a complete lift of the awesome Marci Lambert and another somewhat inspired by Jodi McLean.

Here's my tribute to Marci: a straight lift of her 'Struggle' layout, doing one of her challenges to use a child's artwork and/or item from a thrift store on a layout, plus the crop challenge of using unconventional colours on a layout. In this case pink (the tag) on a boy's layout.


The other one combined 3 challenges: lift Jodi (I took inspiration from her 'What I want to teach my kids' layout) , use 50 of something on a page (I did letter stickers) and use the given quote.


Annabel is feeling seriously left out and keeps asking me: "Where Me?" Too funny. With a bit of luck I may do another one tonight! I want to pay tribute to the wonderful Brenda-Mae Teo. Quite an impressive line-up of talent over on ScrapGal isn't it?

I must say this 'lifting' business sure helps to keep the prograstination in check. Although I still manage to agonize over photo and paper choices...

4 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the layouts Marieke. Wow at using 50 stickers!! Looks great! Love the scrplift Maci layout. Love the photo and the colours you used!!! Go you on getting some time to scrap. Awww at Annabel.....

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Cool layouts Marieke! And I loved Brenda-Mae's layouts in the Freestyle book - thanks for the link to her blog :-)

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Kate Skwishy said...

Absolutely beautiful LO's featuring Thomas, babe. Stunning...

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Awesome layouts. Go you on the 50 stickers! Makes for a very effective border.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home