July 10, 2006

MMM

I've been thinking about Memory Makers Masters lately. The deadline is nearing and I have nothing created for it. I really wanted to give this another go this year after trying it last year (and not getting anywhere, except for my Joy & Comfort being published months later in the Babies issue). I'd like to think of that entry as the starting point for taking my scrapping a bit more seriously. I created a couple of layouts I was really happy with last month that I should have saved for MMM, but of course I was too keen to show them off to the world. Should really learn to control my impulses, LOL. Quite honestly I don't see how I could create five stunning pages in such a short amount of time. I have too much other (nsbr) energy sapping stuff happening in my life. Can't seem to get in the right frame of mind. So realistically I'm a non-entrant this year :-(. Must say I'm pretty bummed about that. Oh well, on to the next competition. For Keeps Awards for Excellence, due in September. That should give me plenty of time to prepare and hold back some pages.

Will have to add a pic of last years MMM Joy & Comfort tomorrow, little girl waking up and needing attention.

6 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Set a goal for next year to enter the MMM. Focus on some short term goals to help get some scrapbboking mojo back. More importantly try and I know this is hard to have some me time for you to do some nice non scrapping stuff for you!! Even if its just an hour out at a cafe on your own!!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Hey Marieke, good to see you in the blogging world. Good luck with getting your scrapping mojo back again.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Rach H said...

HI Marieke
just popping in to say hi.
Rach

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Kate Skwishy said...

Was going to leave you a message further down, but there was no link for comments.

Hugs to you, girl, with your situation with John. Know that feeling sooo well, mine is not BP, but has chronic depression....Hmmmm, just need a few weeks on a tropical island with sun, sea and surf, half naked island boys serving cocktails, and just blobbing out...dreams huh???

Take care sweetie.

Kate

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger LesleyC said...

Hang in there. Hope your mojo returns soon and things get a bit more positive for you.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Lara said...

There's still a little time Marieke - saw your post on the mm site - you have to be sending it off on the 31st July - would love to see another NZr get this. Good luck for the FK Awards & Elite team entry too! Enjoying your work in FK at the moment :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home