April 05, 2007

In need of a clever title

Not sure what to call this post. Just a bit of 'this and that'.

The newsletter at Scrapgal has been out for a few days now so it's about time I shared my layouts for that on here too. This month's theme was "Confess", which I might add tied in nicely with No 8 Wired's dare of scrapping a secret. So yeah, I cheated and used one layout for both. Hey what can I say? My scrapping time is pretty limited so if I can cut corners I will.


Did you see the Freestyle dare we had going over on No 8 Wired? Sorry I should have posted about it 2 weeks ago. It was so cool to see everyone's interpretations. I choose to lift Wendy's layout and this is what I came up with.




If you've got the opportunity I strongly recommend you to book a class or two or three or six for this amazing event. You've got to hurry though, it's less than 2 weeks away! More info here. Not even sure if there are still places available but knowing David at KiwiScraps he'll do his best to fit you in if at all possible. The tutor line up is fantastic! Man I wish I could go, but it's not to be this time around. Hopefully I'll be able to go to the next one.


Also have to mention that Lime Tart is going to come out with a Stampers Kit! Oh yeah. There's a little competition which is about to close. If you come up with a clever kit name you get the first inaugural kit valued at AU$59.95 for free! So far we have the Full Tart, Half Tart and the Gourmet Tart for our other kits. It's up to you to come up with something for the stampers kit. I am hopeless when it comes to these things but I am sure that a clever word smith can come up with something fitting. Anyway, you have until tomorrow (April 6) to send in your suggestions to admin@limetart.com. Good luck!

Anyone else going nuts over all of the new CHA releases? I am getting so greedy when I see all the goodies. But then I look at my stash and a pang of guilt hits me. I have plenty of stuff just sitting there.... patterned paper anyone? Still I can't help it and just have to order a few bits and pieces. Which probably explains why I can't afford Freestyle, lol.
Anyway, I have a crafty couple of days planned with the kids. Thomas decided at the last minute that we need to decorate the house for Easter. Should be good fun.. or highly stressful. My 4 year old is quite a handful at the moment. We're at loggerheads most of the time. What happened to my easy going quiet child? I'd forgotten what it was like and it's quite a shock to the system I must admit. But everyone says it is normal for her to be going through this phase. Enter mantra: this too shall pass, this too shall pass....

7 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Beautiful layouts Marieke - I always love seeing your boy ones in particular. Hope you have a great Easter.

 
At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW!! I love coming here M - so inspirational ALL the time. HAPPY EASTER :o)

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont ya hate it when you type a comment and it vanishes. Anyway I can't see my comment. I said it was good to see you last night. When my essays are outta the way next Thursday I will give you a call and maybe we could catch up and scrap or I can take Thomas out for teh day.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Chris Millar said...

Superb layouts Marieke!! Always love seeing your work!! And thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog!!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

I always enjoy your layouts and projects, Marieke!! You are VERY inspiring!! :)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Sherine said...

Your LO's are so gorgeous. They really do inspire me to sit down and scrap!

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great layouts! I love your unique style!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home