March 17, 2007

First try at digital scrapping

My printer has been playing up which meant major stress for my own dare at No 8 Wired. But once again it seems I function better when under stress and decided to give digi scrapping a go. After all I'd been downloading all those brushes in the past and hadn't really used them yet... So I set to work and tried to create a piece of 'Street Art' or graffiti on the computer. And you know what? I LOVE how it's come out! I was able to get the 'paint' layers exactly how I wanted and I doubt I would have been able to do that with the real stuff.

The image of my kiddo's is supposed to resemble a template image like taggers sometimes use. And the attitude just completely tops it in my opinion.

So am I going digi now? Not likely, but I am inspired to at least have a good look at all that I have downloaded over the past year or so and perhaps incorporate it in my regular work. Besides, this one took me just about as long as a regular layout, there was so much stuff I had no idea how to achieve and had to 'google'. LOL


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Ali said...

OH MY GOODNESS Marieke. That ROCKS!!! Am loving this layout. Hope you're well, we must catch up soon xx

 
At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I have not read yr blog, just scopped the lo's.. WOW I love yr style... inspiration rocking.

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love the grungy look! and like you said on Sharon's blog ... no mess! (I like paint too but digi is so quick'n'easy to tidy up afterwards LOL)

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this M - its brilliant

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, how did it feel to create digi, I've never tried either, and don't think I ever will, but you first one rocks, brilliant.

Jen from UK x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home