November 18, 2006

Wishing I was there

Did that twice today. First this morning as I struggle for the third day in a row with an asthma attack and the kids are misbehaving and it just gets all a bit too much. Wishing I was at Scrap Camp, minus asthma attack obviously. (much better now, steroids have kicked in so doing better)
Second time late afternoon. Thomas came back all excited from a visit to the Porirua mall. There had been a Santa Parade and there were all sorts of activities happening under the canopy apparently. There was a performance by Ben from NZ Idol (4th place? not sure I'm going by my son's account of things) and Thomas and Annabel watched and danced. Then Ben pulled Thomas up on the stage with him where he danced and danced. I asked Thomas if it had made him nervous with all those people watching but he replied that he didn't mind it at all and actually enjoyed it! I so wished I could have seen him perform in front of all those people. I don't know what it is with that, even with the school production or just a simple school assembly where he goes up on stage to perform, I just get this big lump in my throat and often have to blink away the tears. He is such a natural, so full of life and confidence. Makes my heart burst with pride. And yes I admit it makes me a little reflective too. When and why did I lose that confidence, that believe in myself and my abilities? I think I know the answer but I'm not sure that I like it.

5 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

Wishing I was here earlier. Nice header.

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marieke sorry to hear the asthma is palying up. Go Thomas is a star in the making from the sounds of it.....Hey we need to catch up.......are you going next Saturday to the relax and scrap???

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Thomas! I think kids these days are so much more confident than we were.
Hope you are feeling better :)

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marieke, i really feel for you with the asthma!! Hope it stays under control for a bit. I also would love to know who makes the journaling transperancies you have used, they are just divine!!! I'm addicted to journalling spots!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Marieke,

Confidence is a strange thing. It comes and it goes. You are confident in some areas (and you are with experimentation in your scrapping work) and then life just sucks it out of you in others. Please keep positive. Your two little ones will remind you of how wonderful you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home