October 16, 2006

Random notes

Had some exciting news today. But will have to keep it under wraps for another week or so. It's scrap related of course! It's been a good week actually as I also got a layout picked up by Scrapbook Creations for issue 40. I got my A into G so to speak last week and reeled off a couple of submissions of some layouts I just had sitting in my album and it paid of. Will make a point of doing that more regularly now.

I'm having some serious camera envy lately. I just hate my camera. It takes nice pictures but the shutter delay and other limitations are getting to me. So I am longingly looking at all the junkmail that fills my letter box with ads for digital SLR's. Saving up for one is proving near impossible. Not helped by the fact that I had to cut back on my work hours because I don't have any care for Annabel that I can afford. No point in paying for a sitter with the money you'd earn in that time period now is there?

The wee madam started morning kindy today. She was so excited! Spurred on by her brother who was making a huge deal out of it. He can be such a sweet and caring boy. He has only just begun to realise that she is different than other four year olds. He asked me the other day why Annabel couldn't talk properly, or run or jump. I tried to explain that she just takes a bit longer to learn new skills but that she'd get there eventually with lots of practice. He then started to think out loud what would happen when she went to school and wondered if she'd have a special helper too like a boy in his class. He even said that he'd look after her in the playground and make sure the other kids wouldn't hurt her. How sweet is that?
They are finally also beginning to play together. Yay! Although Thomas gets frustrated because Annabel doesn't want to play by his rules. Cracks me up to hear them arguing. It's a good thing because it means A is learning to stand up for herself. She's a little dragon though because she knows exactly how to push his buttons.

I'm still a bit in a creating rut but did do something sort of scrapbook related at the weekend. I'll leave you with a sneaky peek of it. I'm about to hit my desk and see if I can finally get inspired to design my next class project. I think (or should I say hope?) the scrapping bug may finally be finding it's way back to me.


7 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on the submissions being selected.. whoo hoo...funny about the camera envy I am having that at the moment too. Decided that that would have to wait though......and good on Thomas for being a caring brother.....wow at that sneaky peak, love the pink...

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Chris Millar said...

Woohoo for the acceptance for SC Marieke! Love this sneak peek too!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Congratulations Marieke - and what a sweet boy you have :-)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Creative Options said...

Congrats on the submission acceptences and how neat that Annabel has started morning kindy.....what a cool big brother she has as well....go Thomas!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Kate Skwishy said...

Yay for you for being accepted for publication. Thomas is such a sweet big brother. And Annabelle sounds just gorgeous! Every girl needs to be able to play by her own rules!!! How awesome that she has started morning kindy. Such a big girl now. If I lived closer (and drove), sweetie, I would take her for you so you could work. It will work out, I promise.

Love, Kate

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Kindy Go Annabel.I hope you can cope having extra time to yourself Mariekie.LOL

I love your pink sneak.

Great news about your l/o's.

Thomas is to cute.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Marieke ... the Lime Tart design team has been announced. Loving your work and glad to know I'll be seeing it regularly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home