November 03, 2006

World Wide Dare

Would you believe it? We've pulled of a World Wide Dare! The girls from the four Dare blogs: The Effers (USA), How Dare You (Australia), Speshal (UK) and our very own No 8 Wired have joined forces to bring you a world wide dare. We all added our own dare and then had to create a layout using all of these:
scrap a childhood dream or memory
cover the entire page
use paint somewhere
title on the photo

Rummaging through my childhood photos certainly brought back a lot of memories and caused an even greater flood of emotions. I found it personally very hard. But I'm glad I did it!
Huge props to Lianne who has collated all our entries for this one. Some of us (me included) left it to the very very last minute to finish.
Before you run off to check all the layouts, here's mine:

7 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes this should be fun, can't wait to do this one....yours looks good Marieke. I am off to check the others.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Your layout is totally gorgeous. It's so innovative. The colours are great. It looks fresh and new - not a knock off like so many things are these days. Way to go, Marieke!

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really really like this marieke! i'm not a big scraplifter, but i gotta lift this one. it's just way too cool.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Marieke. I think this has to be one of the most powerful layouts I have ever seen. It just screams emotion. And your journaling just immediately made me cry!! You really put yourself out there and it is an amazing layout!!!!

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Popping in to check up on you and make sure you haven't been accepted for any other Design Teams when I haven't been looking Lol! xx

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, Marieke all i can say is ditto to Megan and I can so relate....always used to tell myself it could have been worse, kinda negated the reality of my childhood and delayed the mourning of my loss of it, but I guess it helped me to get through it.... thanks so much for sharing, its hard when the emotions are so raw.
Big hugs
Jules

PS I did find a couple of happy snaps in my photo album though and joined in the Aussie Dare! So cool!

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marieke, I saw this on 2peas today and just popped over to say I love it (very dark and emotional). Great inspiration too, a bunch of us Fiji Kiwi girls are to resume our scrapping next thursday with a crop (first time in a year for me! Yoicks, how did that happen). You can bet we'll be checking out your album for some ideas...

regards, Meg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home