October 07, 2007

World Card Making Day Challenge - "clearly painted

My turn to host a challenge on my blog for World Card Making Day as a guest of Just Johanna. Check out their forum for lots of other fun card challenges!


I like to use paint, ink and other messy stuff on my projects. Cards are no exception. Lately I've been having fun with paint on transparency. So simple, yet so effective. So that's your challenge for today: make a card using painted transparency. Either as the card's base, or as an element. And it must be obvious that you've used a transparency. Have fun!


You are not playing for nothing either! There are prizes to be won:

Once your card is ready please post it on your blog and post a link to your project in the comment section here on my blog! The deadline for entries is midnight California time tomorrow, 10/7/07, or Monday 8pm New Zealand time. One lucky winner taken randomly from my comments will win a limited edition justjohanna image created specially for this event! You may enter as many projects as you like! Each linked project will count as one entry into the drawing.
You can check out the other justjohanna festivites happening today! The grand prize (one lucky winner taken from ALL the entries world wide!) is a $250 justjohanna shopping spree! Who wouldn't want that?
justjohanna and Limetart employees are not elegible to win. We're just posting examples to inspire! If you have a question about the challenge, post here and I will check in every so often to answer. Don't have a blog? You can post your project in the gallery here and link back that way!

So, in short these are the prizes:

One limited edition stamp for doing this challenge.

One Grand Prize of $250 justjohanna shopping spree

One $50 justjohanna shopping spree,

and Five 25% off your order coupons for the justjohanna web site



Here's my example: I've used a transparency as the base of the card and painted it roughly with acrylic paint. Stamped the strawberry image and coloured it in with watercolour pencils. Cut out the stamped image and coated with paper glass and sprinkled some red glitter over the strawberries only (not the little leaves) while the paper glass was still wet. Once dry mounted onto the card using pop dots to make them stand out more and printed a simple sentiment to go underneath. The fruit was placed behind the card to show the effect of a transparent card. You can glue a piece of paper on the inside slightly smaller as your painted area to write your message.



4 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

Okay, here is mine! Thanks for the challenge. I don't know that I'm crazy about my card, but it was really fun to try something new! :)
http://umademeink.blogspot.com/2007/10/world-card-making-day-challenges.html

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

OK - I made two cards. Thanks for the challenge - I enjoyed getting a little messy!
http://bubblesofmylife.blogspot.com/

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Here is mine. This was a fun challange!
http://erinkcreations.blogspot.com/2007/10/wcmd-challanges.html (I have them all in one post but I have yours labled.)

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - That was a really fun challenge! I'm going to try this one again later. Here is my try:

http://www.time2stamp.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=689&cat=578

Thanks for the challenge!
- Marcie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home